I have always been obsessed with keeping record of major events in my life, and that was one of the primary reasons why I started blogging. It’s imperative for me to do so because I want to look back at these times and indulge in nostalgic, bittersweet memories. Some of the things are super silly and arguably trivial, but these are all important for me to remember. Most of these things are things that I’ve done for the first time in my life. Emory has opened up many doors of new and exciting opportunities!
Here is my list for September 2012!
- September 2nd: Ate at The Varsity for the first time! (…after living in Atlanta for six years)
- September 3rd: Learned Bhangra dance moves.
- September 4th: Sat in the very front seat in a class of 120 students. (still not sure how I feel about that)
- September 8th: Rode in the front row of the Goliath (200 ft above ground) and two other roller coasters at Six Flags. Also ate funnel cake sundaes for the first time ever!
- September 11th: Attended my first candlelight vigil in remembrance of 9/11 victims.
- September 12th: Wrote on Asbury Circle (the central circle at Emory) and saw former President Jimmy Carter in person!
- September 13th: Started volunteering at Refugee Family Services where I tutor refugee children in English and math.
- September 15th: Went to JapanFest, one of the largest Japanese festivals in the nation. Ate authentic Japanese food using chopsticks (tl;dr embarrassed myself), and watched Aikido demonstrations and other Japanese arts performances.
- September 18th: Made the Model United Nations travelling team at Emory!
- September 21st: Flew to Washington, D.C. and met 500 incredible Gates Millennium Scholars. Also, met a bunch of Questies (QuestBridge Finalists) that I talked to for almost a year before.
- September 22nd: Met the sexiest men alive, (according to People’s Magazine), Yul Kwon.
- September 25th: My article was published in the Emory newspaper.
- September 27th: Took my first test in college (unfortunately, it was chemistry). And, to relieve that pain, saw comedian Amy Schumer from Comedy Central live!
These were the highlights of September. Just the first month of college, and already so many memories to cherish! *insert Asher Roth’s I Love College video here*