Summer is quickly flying by…
I only have two weeks left before I embark upon the biggest, and perhaps most important, journey of my life. I can scarcely fathom the idea that college will start in merely two weeks. Enthusiastically preparing for college life, I have been really busy and neglected posting according to my original goal (at least twice every week).
Today, I logged on to WordPress to find a shockingly pleasant surprise. One of my readers, someone whose blog I am in love with, nominated me for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. Thank you, Rinth, for the wonder nomination.
First of all, congratulations to Rinth’s blog My Elegantly Cluttered Chamber for getting this award. She most certainly deserves it, and I’m not really sure if I deserve it. I’ve only been blogging for less than a month. I must say, though, this is a great honor to include in my tenth post! (I reached double digits, yay!)
So, as part of the rules, I have to share seven facts about myself, so here goes…
- My birthday is on Cinco de Mayo!
- I have a bucket list of more than one hundred things and it is continuously expanding.
- My favorite numbers are five, seven, fifteen, and seventeen (all for different reasons).
- I have a passion for languages. I aim to fluently speak five languages by 2015 (Bengali, Hindi, English, Spanish, and French).
- I started working today to diminish and hopefully eventually eradicate world hunger (sounds really ambitious) through a program called Free Rice, which is sponsored by World Food Programme of the United Nations. Users answer trivial questions on the site, and for every right answer, 10 grains of rice is donated to the WFP. I just created a group called Hopeful Helpers, and I urge all of you to join me in this noble cause:
- My favorite color is orange.
- I absolutely love music! Every day, I listen to a variety of music for about five hours or so. Right now, I am listening to Feel So Close by Calvin Harris; it’s a great song, what can I say? Hindi, English, and Bengali music are my favorites. I have tons of favorite artists, but my most favorite artists are A.R. Rahman, Sonu Nigaam, Lata Mangeshkar, K.K (Hindi), Kishore Kumar, Habib, Arfin Rumey, Nancy (Bengali), and Maroon 5, Green Day, The Beatles, Coldplay, Eminem (English).
Also, I am supposed to nominate fifteen other bloggers for the Very Inspiring Blogger award. These are the bloggers who inspire me every time I go on their blogs. Rinth is actually one of the top ones, but I don’t think I can list her blog again. So, here you go! Give these a shot. You won’t regret it.
- Mostly Bright Ideas
- Stuff Kids Write
- Ernesto Villasenor, Jr.
- The Political Literate
- Becoming Me
- Crazy Mind’s Eye
- Melissa Kania
- one day. one year.
- Go Beyond
- AIS Journal
- Funny Phuppo
- The Flame Lily Diaries
- Lies Our Parents Told Us
- Manisha Dhalani
- TED: Ideas Worth Spreading
Fellow Inspiring Bloggers, do not forget the rules for the award. The first rule is to link back to the blog that nominated you. Then, post seven facts about yourself. Also, nominate fifteen bloggers that inspire you. And finally, post a picture of the award–which is below. See ya!